~ Scallop Shell Earrings ~
Made from Fishing Gear
Found and Recycled in Cornwall
The perfect gift for an ocean lover – our Cornish Ocean Plastic Scallop Shells are transformed from blue dolly ropes (bundles of lost fishing line), lobster pot frames and white ropes we recover, turned into unique earrings that treasured on a pair of marine grade surgical steel hooks turn once un-recyclable rubbish into one-of-a-kind jewellery.
- Perfect gift as earrings fit all pierced – suitable for all
- 100% recycled plastic – recycled and recovered by us from the ocean
- Marine Grade 316 Surgical Stainless Steel
- Each set comes with certificate card telling you what it was and where it was found
- Certified Made in Cornwall – by our young Cornish artisans
- Every scallop shell is unreplicable, unique, waterproof and one-of-a-kind memory of a Cornwall
- Comes packaged plastic-free in a branded recycled and recyclable eco-gift-box & envelope
- Each purchase funds Behaviour Change Cornwall’s mission
- 50% goes to funding more recovery of plastic from the ocean
- 50% funds more recycling of ocean plastic and new ways to do so
- Employing young Cornish people passionate about our planet
- All to make Cornwall’s coast cleaner, our oceans healthier and wildlife safer
Please be aware as all our items are recovered after being gnarled in the sand and sea they often have distinctive small ocean-induced blemishes which are transferred during the making process which makes each pendant unique – so it will be slightly different from the photographs above – as we cannot recreate or control the exact mix of recovered nets & plastics that make any individual item. However, all our beads are checked multiple times by hand & made proudly of ocean plastics we have recovered by hand from beaches & waters of Cornwall.
All in the detail:
- Colour originates from the ocean plastics and/or recovered ghost nets – no dyes or nasties just pure cleaned ocean plastic
- Our Surgical Steel Hooks are Hypoallergenic.
- All metals are Nickel Safe and complies with UK Nickel regulations
- All our made in our artisan workshop in Looe, Cornwall
- Every pendant is unique and may differ slightly from the pictures
- All our ocean plastics are cleaned and sterilised by hand before moulding