~ Scallop Shell Necklace ~
Recycled Lost Fishing Gear
100% Recycled Silver Chain
Our Cornish Ocean Plastic Scallop Shells are transformed from blue dolly ropes (bundles of lost fishing line), lobster pot frames and white ropes we recover, turned into unique pendants that treasured on a recycled silver necklace that will never re-enter the sea.
Help fight the most pernicious types of ocean pollution!
- Perfect gift – suitable for all
- 100% recycled plastic – recovered by us from the ocean
- 100% Recycled Sterling 925 Silver Snake 18″ 1mm chain
- Each comes with certificate card telling you what it was and where it was found
- Certified Made in Cornwall – by our young Cornish artisans
- Every pendant is unreplicable, unique, waterproof and one-of-a-kind memory of Cornwall
- Comes packaged plastic-free in a branded recycled and recyclable eco-gift-box & envelope
- Each purchase funds Behaviour Change Cornwall’s mission
- 50% goes to funding more recovery of plastic from the ocean
- 50% funds more recycling of ocean plastic and new ways to do so
- Employing young Cornish people passionate about our planet
- All to make Cornwall’s coast cleaner, our oceans healthier and wildlife safer
Please be aware as all our items are recovered after being gnarled in the sand and sea they often have distinctive small ocean-induced blemishes which are transferred during the making process which makes each unique – so pendants will be slightly different from the photographs above – as we cannot recreate or control the exact mix of recovered nets & plastics that make any individual one.
However all our pendants are checked multiple times by hand & made proudly of ocean plastics we have recovered by hand from beaches & waters of Cornwall.
All in the detail:
- Plastic colour originates from the ocean plastics and/or recovered ghost nets – no dyes or nasties just pure cleaned ocean plastic
- 100% recycled Sterling 925 Silver Snake 18″ 1mm chain
- Highly polished finished – fitted with a bolt ring clasp for secure hold
- All metals are Nickel Safe and complies with UK Nickel regulations
- All are made in our artisan workshop in Looe, Cornwall
- Every item is unique and may differ slightly from the pictures
- All our ocean plastics are cleaned and sterilised by hand before moulding
- Low carbon shipping across the UK