St Ives Triple Bracelet
Recycled From Ghost Fishing Nets
Handmade in Cornwall
Our Ghost Fishing Net Bracelets are transformed by hand from lost ‘ghost’ fishing net that haunted Cornwall’s wild coast, into unique bracelets that will never re-enter the sea.
Each one drives forward Behaviour Change Cornwall – allowing each of our young Cornish team us to spend more time out recovering & recycling lost ghost fishing nets from Cornwall’s beaches and seas – making the ocean healthier and wildlife safer. (Find out more about our mission here.)
Each Behaviour Change Cornwall product is packaged in a branded recycled eco-box – it comes with a mini certificate card telling you where the net was found by us and who recovered it from the ocean.
To find your size:
- Place a piece of string around your wrist where you’ll wear your bracelet
- Measure the length of the string exactly in cm and add 1cm to make it comfortable
- Select one of our sizes of bracelet which is the length including the clasp
Luckily for us (less lucky for the planet) the HDPE plastic nets used are nigh on indestructible, waterproof and hardy. Avoid putting them near open flames, chemicals or sharp objects. Also don’t pick at loose threads – cut them or send them back for repair if they bother you – they are an unavoidable result of using real lost nets.
All in the detail:
- Colour originates from the real net
- Handmade in Looe, Cornwall
- Material: former fishing net (HDPE)
- Every product is unique and may differ slightly from the pictures
- Cleaned and sterilised by hand (that’s the hard dirty bit).
As all our items are recovered after being gnarled in the sand and sea they often have distinctive small ocean-induced blemishes, can be rough and due to being hand made vary in length by several mm.
Also you can avoid wearing them in the shower, whilst using cleaning products and whilst washing dishes (chemicals in certain soaps and detergents can tarnish metal over years and dissolve fixing agents). Also being gentle when taking on and off will lengthen their already long lifespan as the metal clasps can be damaged over many years if abused